Access Administrator/Security Administrator
Posted Oct 12, 2012
New York, NY
12 months contract position for an Access Administrator/Security Administrator in New York, NY
The Access Administrator is responsible for conducting administrative procedures for all systems components maintained by the Access & Identity Management group within Information Systems. This includes all designated applications that are used by the client, and as required. The Access Administrator is responsible for:
Access & Identity Management
• Assisting with the development of functional and role-based access templates (based guidelines and requirements provided by Information Security and the business unit owners)
• Building access templates to support these functions/roles
• Processing access requests
• Developing the processes and procedures to support the above access assignments
• Analyzing access requests for proper format and authorization
• Maintaining access request documentation
• Properly administering access exceptions, supplying escalation and senior management risk sign-off.
• Managing remote access tokens and related server access.
• Reviewing applied access for consistency and integrity.
• Working with Information Security to maintain access per security administration policy.
• Terminating obsolete access, as necessary.
• Trouble shooting access problems.
• Supporting periodic certification of existing access.
All of the above requires the application of sound business judgment and a primary agenda to ensure the integrity, security and availability of the systems and applications components for which access is provided. The above responsibilities will include required follow-up and verification with management and with end-users as required. May require extensive time on the phone or with communicating via e-mail. Must ensure timely completion and verification of all requests to ensure a balance between adequate protection of computing assets versus satisfaction of management and end users.
This position will work closely with Level 1 and Level 2 Technical Support team members, line of business application administrators, as well as the Bank’s Information Security division to ensure that the Bank follows established security administrative policies, standards and procedures for all systems/applications it manages. Required for obtaining information and for troubleshooting technical issues related to systems and applications for which access has been granted to a user.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Remains informed of job-related issues through networking, training programs, seminars and trade publications.
• As directed by management, actively seeks technical feedback, advice and training from Engineering and Business Integration resources related to assigned projects or support issues.
• Attends meetings when necessary.
• Maintains a flexible work schedule.
• Works the designated shift between 7:00AM and 6:00PM weekdays, and designated weekend shifts (Saturday and/or Sunday) if/when assigned.
• Hours which may require more than 40 hours per week.
• Performs other duties when assigned.
• Manages access to all designated systems and applications supported by Information Systems.
• Processes Remedy tickets, gathering manager authorization and business owner approvals, then provisioning the requested applications and accesses.
• Responsible for processing and tracking New Hire, Temp / Contractor, access change, and Termination requests.
• Responsible for working with Information Systems and IS Engineering to properly administer access to Active Directory.
• Responsible for Outlook / Exchange access administration.
• Responsible for reviewing all existing access to ensure it remains compliant with security policy and all exceptions have been properly documented and authorized/approved.
• Responsible for developing functional and role based access groups and/or templates per policy and implementation standards.
• Works with Internal/External Auditors and/or Examiners to fulfill access authorization and/or other access reporting requests.
• Responsible for the administration of Safeword remote access authentication tokens.
• Responsible for access reporting on/from all supported systems/applications, as applicable.
• Provides timely follow-up and verification related to systems or application requests.
• Responsible for updating and resolving request tickets in tracking database and ensuring timely settlement of assigned user requests and issues.
• Works closely with fellow Technical Support team members.
Please contact Ann at 407-708-5794 or ann(at)concinnitygroup(dot)biz